Nutrisystem Diet Review: High Costs, but Coupons available!
Nutrisystem is one of the most well known diet programs with Nutrisystem reviews all over the internet and beyond and huge companies and names backing it. But what is Nutrisystem and is it worth your time and money?
Nutrisystem is a 28 day cycle system whereby you pay for daily meals and snacks that are packaged and measured to your needs so that you don’t have to do much more than cook it and eat it.
The system mainly uses the glycemic index as its marker so that you feel fuller longer and can do things like lose weight and reduce cholesterol levels.
The food though is not protein shakes or powders; instead, it’s ‘real’ food which helps many people feel less like they are dieting and more like they are just changing their lifestyle around to reflect healthier living.
The Nutrisystem diet has been around for over thirty-five years; it’s one of the oldest diet systems around and it made the transition to the internet with almost ridiculous ease as much of the work is done privately and through mail orders anyway.
Pros & Benefits
- Nutrisystem gives you all of the food you are to eat in a daily package, so it’s easy to keep track
- Real, gourmet food makes it a lot easier to stomach a diet
- A track record over thirty five years long with thousands of success stories
- Reasonable prices (it LOOKS nasty, but if you think about what you currently spend on food, you will probably find that you can save money on Nutrisystem)
- Generally speaking, you can expect to lose one to two pounds a week which is a healthy weight loss
- There are different systems; for example, nutrisystem for men is different from nutrisystem for women which is different again than nutrisystem for diabetics and you can choose how long you want your plan to last.
Cons & Nutrisystem Side Effects
- You are put on an auto-delivery system which means that you are on the system for at least two months or longer before you can cancel without incurring fees
- Nutrisystem coupons no longer exist; instead, banner ads take you to current offers and deals (which you have to stick with for a while or else you could be charged the difference)
- Small food portions
- You’ll have to go to a different Nutrisystem branch if you’re ordering outside of America
You will be getting weekly ‘allowances’ of meals and snacks sent right to your door. These meals are nutritionally balanced, take minutes to prepare, and work on the idea of being low Glycimic foods-that is, foods which don’t spike your blood sugar.
For the most part, this food is healthy and often very delicious, but portions tend to be small and it can take some getting used to.
Administration, Diet & Exercise
Nutrisystem has made it easy to keep on your new diet plan. Each day comes with pre-packaged meals and snack ideas and all you have to do is eat them! There is no need to worry about popping pills or counting calories because all of that has already been done for you. The food you get is also nutritional and can be modified to fit your needs, so it’s all very automated and simple.
What isn’t included in Nutrisystem is exercise and that means you have to go at it alone. While exercise isn’t necessary to lose weight on Nutrisystem, it is definitely a good idea or else you won’t get as good results as you would have gotten had you done it.
You should aim to do regular cardio exercise, some weight lifting perhaps or anything that gets your heart rate up for a period of time. Even regular daily walks will help your body burn more fat, build muscle and lose weight. You don’t have to do anything special, but you should get out and do something!
Nutrisystem is one of the most firmly established diet plans around. It has a solid track record of success with Nutrisystem reviews being overwhelmingly positive. The Nutrisystem cost is surprisingly low for what you’re getting. (It looks hideous at a few hundred dollars a month, but keep in mind that you’re basically getting a month’s worth of food).
Nutrisystem is easy to follow and stick with as well as quick to prepare so you can fit it into your busy lifestyle. Just be aware of the fact that you will be on smaller portions and that once you’re on the plan, you’ll have to stick with it for a couple of months to derive any real benefits.
Overall though, if you want to lose weight, Nutrisystem is well worth taking a closer look at.